Friday, February 6, 2009

Roller Coaster


Have you ever been on a roller coaster?  I'm sure most of you have.  Some people love them and others can't stand them.  I kind of like them but usually get a little motion sickness when I ride them a lot.  If you have followed our season, which if you are reading this blog I'm guessing you have, you are probably following where I'm going with this.  I feel like we have been on a roller coaster this season.  We have had lots of ups and downs.  We play great one night and play with a lot of passion and energy and the next night it is almost like watching a different team.  We may shoot the ball great one night and then the next night it seems like we can't get anything to fall.  A quick up followed by a quick low.

One thing I have strived to attain since graduating college and entering the "real world" is balance.  I believe balance is the key to being a health person.  Balance in the physical, spiritual,  and social aspects of life.  I mentioned in a previous blog about how Kenny talked about bad things happening to everyone and that the way you handle them is what makes you different.  In sports and life there are going to be ups and downs.  It feels like our ups and downs are one after another, much like a roller coaster.  The good part of this is that we have been able to bounce back after a rough night and play well.  We have not stayed down for long.  The flip side  of that is that we have not been able to stay up very long either.  My hope is that we are able to figure out how to play at a high level at the end of our season when it counts the most.   Teams that get hot at the end of the season are the ones that do a lot of damage.  

We struggled last night vs. Southern Poly.  They are a good team and played well against us.  I was proud of Josh, Bentley and Zach last night.  When they came in they played hard.  Josh took a charge and hit a nice floater on a fast break.  Zach hit a three.  Bentley grabbed a couple of rebounds and made a free throw.  


0 comments: