Thursday, January 29, 2009

Frustrating night

Well it is about 1 am right now central time in Alabama where we are and I'm not sleeping.  That's not a good thing.  Especially since it is 2 am eastern time which I am use to.  I don't know if I'm thinking about the game tonight, which was not pretty or if it was the stupid decision I made to drink Code Red Mountain Dew at Taco Bell where we ate after the game.  I'm guessing it's the second of the two.  I usually don't drink caffeine, but I didn't remember it keeping me up like this.  I don't feel wild and crazy, but I also don't feel tired.  Sorry, a little random I know, but I thought maybe you could relate.  


The game vs. AUM was not pretty tonight.  We were down 17 at half and they had 52 points.  The second half was not much better.  AUM is talented, that's for sure.  They didn't miss many threes in the second half, to be honest if didn't feel like they missed any.  We got beat badly.  Hopefully we will regroup and have a better effort on Saturday vs. Faulkner.  We need to play with a lot more passion and energy.  If there is one thing we know about Faulkner, they will play super hard.  We need to match their effort and get away from this road trip with a split.  

One last note before I attempt to sleep again.  We are staying in a Country Inn and Suites.  This place is pretty nice.  When I walked up to the room before the game, all of the guys were excited and running in and out of the rooms.  When I saw my room, I saw why.  We have a nice big suite complete with a couch 2 tvs, fridge, microwave, bathroom, 2 sinks and plenty of space. It may not sound all that impressive, but it's much better than we are use to.  The rooms are nice!  So, that's a bonus.  On the flip side, the air conditioning is not working in my room, so it's hot in here!  Maybe another reason I can't sleep.  It may be a curse of growing up in northern Illinois.  I like it nice and cold and cuddling up under a blanket.  I struggle to sleep when I'm hot.  Alright enough rambling.  Good night.

P.S. If you read this blog at all, please feel free to comment and let me know what you like, dislike, or whatever.

0 comments: